Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Need Structure...I guess

I'm sure we all need a little bit of structure.  I like the part of structure that gives me goals to reach for and helps me feel like I'm accomplishing something.  I don't like the part of structure that feels like it's strangling you.  Being a stay-at-home mom, I struggle sometimes with feeling like I NEED to get certain things done but WANTING to do other things.  I NEED to clean, but I WANT to play with my kids or play on the computer or read blogs or do crafts or sew....You can see that my wants are often longer than what I think I need to do.  And I used to make 1 day a week my "cleaning" day, but then I rarely finished in one day, and some weeks didn't get ANY cleaning done at all.  It's funny because the last few weeks I decided that I would focus on one thing a day.  Tuesdays I'd do laundry, Wednesday I'd dust and do bathrooms, etc. 
Then I found this blog.  Perfect!  (This is a really cool blog...check out her other entries, too).  I LOVE this idea...click here for another entry that's more specific to week-to-week.  I can feel like I get it all done everyday...I spend a little bit of time doing my Need-to's and have more time for the Want to's.  I don't have to feel like all day that I Should be doing something else.  And, I can have it in print...to remind me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment